A sneak peek at Those Who Can’t, an Amazon Studios pilot in production for Prime Instant Video. The show was created by Andrew Orvedahl, Adam Cayton-Holland, and Benjamin Roy, and inspired by their web series, The Grawlix. Orvedahl says the process has been “an amazing experience” so far:
“Coming from the world of self-produced web shorts, leaping into a full-length sitcom pilot was new to all of us, including the Nix brothers, who were directing and shooting. It was basically an immersive crash course in how to make a pilot. Spending the previous year making those web shorts paid off quite a bit because we already had the working chemistry both behind and in front of the camera. We’d been doing this in a way just for fun, weekend after weekend, for free. So I’m really glad we had been working on The Grawlix web series all this time.”
Learn more about this and other Amazon Studios pilots in production.
With Ben and Adam on the road a lot, Andy is left to run The Grawlix by himself.
Starring Rory Scovel, Sean Patton and Andrew Orvedahl, The Grawlix is back…kind of.
Shot by the Nix Bros. and shot in Denver, Colorado. Thank you everyone who supports our comedy! Also don’t forget we still sell Grawlix mugs! Buy one for your psychiatrist!
The Grawlix Best of 2012
To celebrate The Grawlix’ 2 year anniversary, the guys put together this 25 track “Best Of” from the past two years. It is Absolutely Free to Download. Please Download, Listen, and Share!
Stream here. Download here: http://tinyurl.com/aq2jeyj
1. Introducing ourselves
2. Julian McCullough has a gambling problem @julezmac
3. Cameron Esposito wants black Ken @cameronesposito
4. John F. O’Donnell is the CEO of unemployment @JFODcomedy
5. Jordan Doll hides bodies @RazorLou
6. Karl Hess will never receive clarity @karlhess
7. Mo Welch is not longer on OkCupid @momowelch
8. Amber Tozer wishes she was a boy @AmberTozer
9. Ben Roy thinks alcoholic comedians are stupid @benroy00
10. Erik Anker thinks dating is weird @erikforserious
11. Ryan Singer loves cookie dough @RySing
12. Kate Berlant found a dress in the ocean @kateberlant
13. Andy wants to fuck his friends @TheOrvedahl
14. Dan Soder talks shit to old people @DanSoder
15. Bryan Cook is such an asshole @BryanCooking
16. Abbey Jordan might be pregnant @ThisAbbeyJordan
17. Josh Blue has a wife fetish @JoshBlueComedy
18. Andy Haynes got his weed card @imandyhaynes
19. Tony Sam loves cake @ToeKneeSam
20. Rob Gleeson gets owned by campers @RobGleeson
21. Adam gave his DVD a horrible name @CaytonHolland
22. Dave Ross dreams about fucking his dad @davetotheross
23. Mark Normand is black @marknorm
24. Chris Fairbank’s funeral plans @chrisfairbanks
25. The Sklar Brothers think they can dance @SklarBrothers
Please come out and join us as we welcome home Rob Gleeson, pencil-necked comedy juggernaut/Will Arnett version 2.0 (we’ve all seen the commercial). Rob rules and we’re glad to have him back. Then sup from the cup of Andy Sell, lovely friend of the show/hilarious half-walrus man with a mustache to rival Baron Von Orvedahl). What else? How about Dave Ross, the man behind one of LA’s absolute best comedy shows Holy Fuck and just a swell-smelling individual in general.
Not enough? Okay fine. How about Aurora-born, NYC comedy badass Dan Soder? Don’t know who Dan is? For. Fucking. Shame. He’s got innumerable credits (Just for Laughs, SXSW, some podcasts, one time bought Adam a beer) and he rules. And then to top it all off oh yeah we’ve got Josh Blue.
Yes. That Josh Blue.
Couple that with the Grawlix boys and oh, I don’t know, a new episode of the Grawlix web series and you’ve got yourself one hell of a show. See ya there, urrybody. Tis the season!